Sunday, September 30, 2012

One more week

Today marks one week to go until I run my 6th half marathon.

My week in training (if you call it that) was an easy one.

Monday- BodyPump class
Tuesday- 5.15 mile run (46 mins/8:57mm)
Wednesday- 4 mile walk w/hubby
Thursday- rest
Friday- BootCamp and Core Challenge
Saturday- 8 mile run (1:17:30/9:41mm)
Sunday- rest

I didn't make a running/workout schedule in advance for this week but had planned to run easy. I guess easy this week meant less mileage! This is the only week in a while that I didn't log 4 runs or take my spinning class. I didn't miss it since I was able to change some things up and added a brisk walk and talk with my hubby. We rarely get to take the time to do that and it was nice.

This coming week I am not real sure what to expect. So far this is my plan for the week..
Monday- run with TRR 3-4 miles easy
Tuesday- Spinning or easy 3 miler
Weds- BodyPump
Thursday- walk
Friday- rest
Saturday- rest
Sunday- Half marathon #6

I've shared before that I have a specific goal for this race. I feel like sharing my goals with others is helpful. I like the support I gain from setting goals and sharing them. So what if I don't reach my goal? Should I be ashamed? Will others ridicule me if I don't meet the goal I said a million times I wanted to make? Heck no and no way. By sharing my goals I am keeping myself honest, especially when I say that in the end with a race the goal is always to give it my best and finish. And if I didn't announce my goal then perhaps that leaves the door wide open after the fact for me to say, "eh, well this was my goal but ...." and that's just not me.

So, my goal for Saturday is to run the hardest, best race I can and give it my all. My time goal before my injury was sub 2 hours on the half but now I'd love to shoot for 2:05 BUT also be realistic and realize that anything under 2:10 is STILL a PR for 13.1 miles. And on this particular course a year ago I finished in 2:23 with it being only my 2nd half marathon. I've worked hard and ran a lot, making some huge strides in my running over the course of the year even with my injury. So, that being said I feel like I have a good shot at making my goal or at least setting a course and/or distance PR for this weekend.

I'll try my best to blog this week and not be so boring. Also stay tuned next week for a race recap AND don't forget to check out my SpiBelt giveaway that ends on October 8th!

1 comment: