Wednesday, September 9, 2015

When almost a year goes by....

Wow. So, I logged onto my blog because I mentioned to a friend that I blogged once...

Has it really been almost a year since I've been here? Duh. I know that answer to that.

Now is the perfect time to change that.
I never wrote my recap for what happened in October 2014 at the Columbus Half Marathon. It was an epic weekend for the most part. I traveled with great friends, met another friend there, worked the Expo booth for the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon, ate some great food and PR'd my race. Crazy how almost a year later I can remember that.

The race was a charity for the Children's Hospital in Columbus. A very touching race. Each mile was lined with survivors, their parents, and supporters. The atmosphere was amazing. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Mile 11.. (or it could've been 12), I remember a slight hill that ate me up and spit me out. But I remember most that it was lined with white... in remembrance of those children who lost their lives. Touching as a mom. I fought hard to fight back tears of pain (my darn body) and for those aching hearts.

I started out slower than my goal pace. I settled into what would've been an easy pace. When my husband passed me I knew I wouldn't hit the goal of sub 2, so I coasted in. 2:02 and change.
It was a PR and with that I was happy... hey I rang that PR gong!!!

Other memories -
My dearest friend got her BQ!!!
My hubby ran a super fast half, PR and sub 2! PR gong for him as well.
The medals were not available at the finish but there was a great redemption by the team to get them to us. And it was worth the 15 minute wait.







And that, my friends, is a race recap almost a year later as well as a blogging comeback!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky number!! Goddess of the Month January 16, 2018.

    เลขเด็ดไทยรัฐ It is a website that you will experience a lot of online lottery numbers. To meet the needs of the Internet lottery is a good. You will be risky lottery, lottery, Thai lottery, Vietnam Lottery Lottery and other international lottery. We bet with all expertise and expertise in the service for over 7 years to be famous. In the field of computer network lottery network across Southeast Asia.
    And about this day, the number of journalists in the number of the number of our well. Come back to meet all of us as usual with the show's December 16, 2061 and the number we decided today is a cool number! Goddess Tani Do not wait to see it together with it better than it is a number 645 748 522 because of the lottery gambler who can take advantage of the risk to us. And for those who do not like to jump before me.
    However, because the information we have presented is only personal examples. Please use the judgment of your own. I do not know what to do. ทำนายฝัน

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog was extremely helpfull. I really appreciate your kindness in sharing this with me and everyone else! mơ thấy tai nạn đánh con gì ăn lớn

    ReplyDelete