Wednesday, September 9, 2015

When almost a year goes by....

Wow. So, I logged onto my blog because I mentioned to a friend that I blogged once...

Has it really been almost a year since I've been here? Duh. I know that answer to that.

Now is the perfect time to change that.
I never wrote my recap for what happened in October 2014 at the Columbus Half Marathon. It was an epic weekend for the most part. I traveled with great friends, met another friend there, worked the Expo booth for the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon, ate some great food and PR'd my race. Crazy how almost a year later I can remember that.

The race was a charity for the Children's Hospital in Columbus. A very touching race. Each mile was lined with survivors, their parents, and supporters. The atmosphere was amazing. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Mile 11.. (or it could've been 12), I remember a slight hill that ate me up and spit me out. But I remember most that it was lined with white... in remembrance of those children who lost their lives. Touching as a mom. I fought hard to fight back tears of pain (my darn body) and for those aching hearts.

I started out slower than my goal pace. I settled into what would've been an easy pace. When my husband passed me I knew I wouldn't hit the goal of sub 2, so I coasted in. 2:02 and change.
It was a PR and with that I was happy... hey I rang that PR gong!!!

Other memories -
My dearest friend got her BQ!!!
My hubby ran a super fast half, PR and sub 2! PR gong for him as well.
The medals were not available at the finish but there was a great redemption by the team to get them to us. And it was worth the 15 minute wait.







And that, my friends, is a race recap almost a year later as well as a blogging comeback!

No comments:

Post a Comment