Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Race Weekend Recap - Part 1

First of all let me say that this is just going to have to be broken into two post because it is, in fact, two parts. The first part is the social part of my race weekend in Atlanta.

I have been lucky enough to make some great friends on My Fitness Pal. Earlier this year a group of 6 of us decided to have a meet up in Atlanta while running a half marathon. I had already made plans to run this race last year after I finished. Meeting these women and having a weekend in Atl to have fun AND race was just a bonus.

Things started on Friday with dinner...




After dinner we went to find some place for dessert. I decided on no cake but had a drink. I wish I had taken a picture of that thing. It was SO good! I called it a frou frou coffee cocktail and I could definitely go for one now! The night was fun getting to know new friends!

The next morning (Saturday) we met up at a place called The Flying Biscuit. Because my hubby, the kids and I had gotten up early and already had breakfast with my mom I decided to eat on the lighter side at the Flying Biscuit. But look what I had...
[caption id="attachment_1597" align="aligncenter" width="300"] mmm orange french toast![/caption]

After we ate we headed over to pick up our race bibs, bags and shirts. The nice part of this was that it went very quickly (smaller race)! Also we had received a virtual goody bag earlier in the week that contained what would normally be loads of paper advertisements to other races. I'm hoping my local track club utilizes this in the very near future. It was so nice to not have to bring all that garbage home and trash it!



The girls and I all hung out at their hotel room on Saturday until we broke for dinner. I had planned to hang with them and have dinner but had already used some baby sitting services via the grandparents and felt pretty guilty about it so I decided to skip dinner. I have kind of a pre-race dinner ritual anyway. I don't usually do pasta with rich sauces but rather a piece of grilled chicken and a baked potato (IF I can help it). Since I wanted to PR this race I opted to go my way.

After dinner I was exhausted from the day's activities. I just wanted to go home to get my stuff ready and get in bed.

And with that we were off to bed. We had a 3:30 am alarm set!!

Stay tuned for the excitement of race day and to see if I got that PR!

3 comments: