Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Ramblings

~ I am really bad about updating the blog. I run out of topics to discuss (or bore you with). I don't feel like anyone wants to know on a daily basis what I am eating, what my workout is or that I weigh so many times a day it is ridiculous. BUT I think I am going to start back to posting all those things....for my own accountability.

~ Speaking of accountability... I started using MyFitnessPal this week, well technically last week but it is going on a full week that I have been using it. I'm logging everything I eat (even on the weekends!) and logging all my exercise. :) So, if you use MFP and want a buddy, add me... I am "kimert."

~ I kind of (really do) want to cut caffeine and sugar (mostly sweets like ice cream, cookies, candy, etc) out of my diet to see if that will really help bust up the weight loss game I have been playing. I only drink 1-2 Diet Cokes a day and may have one sweet treat a day (whether it be a cookie hubby and I split at dinner or a couple of bites of chocolate) BUT it is still something I would like to try and cut just to see. I know I am not eating enough sugary treats to make a huge difference in my daily caloric intake but it wouldn't hurt overall to cut it out. Diet soda? Eh, I don't know. My doctor's have always told me they aren't harming anything. I drink enough water (80-100 oz) a day to make up for the 12-20 ounces of diet soda I drink a day. So, what's your experience/opinion??

~ Hubby and I were talking over the weekend that it may just be summer that makes it hard to lose weight. We have no real reason for this but it seems like it has definitely been hard to do anything other than maintain my current weight (168, if you have to know). I DID get down to 163 for about 14 seconds one day in June before I left for vacation but that slowly crept up to 165 and then when I got back from vaca I discovered I was 171. eeek. Yikes. Thankfully I have gotten that back down and thinks are under control. too bad the scale won't move again though.

~ I've been really pleased lately with my long runs. I've ran 6 miles (and once 7) the last 3 long runs. I've pretty much gotten to where I can get 6 miles covered in an hour WITH taking a few walk breaks. What is up!? Totally excites me because I think my speed and endurance is finally improving.

~ I'm planning to reach my weight loss goal by Christmas. 19 lbs to go. Or is it 18? I keep forgetting. Either way, Christmas is goal date.

~ I want to start going to bed sooner and making sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep each night. I've been reading that sleep is key to weight loss. I know I would feel better if I got into bed at a decent hour. It would also help with getting up in the morning. So, school starts next week and I really hope I can get back into a decent routine. More sleep, that's another goal.

2 comments: