Thursday, July 28, 2011

>insert fancy title here<

I am lacking creativity today so the title of this post is left up to you. :)

Here's what's going down with me...
~ The scale is not moving. Well at least not down (so maybe I should have said here's what's up with me..haha). I am working hard on the scale though. I have logged every morsel of food I have put in my mouth on MFP (myfitnesspal.com) and I am logging my exercise (which is not lacking much). I need the scale to move because at this point I feel like giving up and you guys know I am not a quitter.

~ Because the scale won't move in the right direction I decided to finally have the hubby take my measurements. It seems, after looking back through old posts, that I have not taken measurements since Feb 2010. That seems totally not like me but oh well. Here are the measurements from then/now:
-neck 13.5/13
-chest 40/37
-waist 35/33.5
-hips 41/39
-bicep 13.5/11.5
-thigh 27/24
-calf 16/15
Somewhere along the way I lost a total of 13 inches. Please, Lord, I'd love to lose 13 lbs.

~ I've been reading Jillian Michael's book, "Winning by Losing," in hopes that I can win and lose all at the same time. haha Anyway, I am totally confused with all the caloric intake/output, blah blah blah....MBR, AMR and everything in between. I did the math all on my own last night. Basically I need 1500+ calories to survive the day. Typically I eat around 1200-1500. Then I workout almost daily burning at least 450 calories in a workout. This means I need to eat 2000+ calories for the day. Huh?!? I mean it makes sense BUT I have a hard time most days meeting the 1500 goal. Then I workout and need to eat more and that's to lose weight?! I have a headache.

~ Today I have tried hard to make sure I get close to the caloric goal of 2352 that I will need to meet after I run my 5 miles tonight but I'm falling short... 1720 and I still need to eat dinner plus 2 plums. I feel like all I have done today is eat, eat, eat and eat some more. This should not be rocket science but for me it's hard. It's hard because I just want to lose the last 18-21 lbs (notice how I keep changing the number?). I'm either going to call it quits or become the "laxative girl" from My Strange Addiction. Right now neither of those is a good option. ha.

I don't hate how I look. I even found this picture of my rear end posted on the local Chickfila's Facebook page and recognized my own butt. I wasn't ashamed...

It could be worse, but what I want it to be is a few lbs lighter and a few inches smaller. However, it's not what it once was and I am staying motivated by this...


There's a bright side to everything. :)

2 comments: