Tuesday, December 8, 2009

>This cold, wet weather makes me want to sleep.

>And when I left work today I was thinking of nothing but the fact that I really wanted so bad to come home and throw on my pjs and sit my butt in my favorite comfy chair with my feet up for the night.

I didn't do that.
Instead I came right in the door and got my gym clothes on. My hubby had dinner ready, I skipped. Hubby and the kids ate and we then headed out the door TO THE GYM! :)

I love being able to take the family to the gym. The kids can run around and play in the childcare there and hubby and I get to workout. We don't really work out together but knowing he is there (and rooting for me) is enough for me to know how supported by him that I am. That's a huge help in this process for me.

I had a pretty good workout. I did 5.25 miles on the elliptical machine in about 53 minutes. I felt strong and probably could have done another 2 miles or so but it was time to get the kids and head home. I didn't track calories burned but I know I burned enough to make a difference (at least a difference in my mind...lol). I need to really step up the strength training and get some weight lifting going on but I feel so intimidated by those machines!  I will get there. Right now I am just taking it one day at a time and one workout at a time.

The main thing is that I overcame how I felt when I left work this evening and got my workout in. That counts!

13 comments: